Job Posting: Executive Assistant
Thrift Development, a family owned and operated company based in Seneca, South Carolina, is looking for a responsible and motivated Executive Assistant to support our management team. The candidate will fill a newly created position in our growing company.
About The Company: Thrift Development is a company built on a reputation of honesty and hard-work. Tracing our roots back multiple generations, we have always been a family owned and operated company. We pride ourselves on our work product and the great care we take with clients and employees alike. We invite you to browse our website (www.thriftdev.com) to learn more about our company.
· The primary business focus of Thrift Development is heavy civil general construction. Other aspects of our business may deal with land, real estate, in-house legal and contract work, as well as overlapping work with our other family-owned sister company Tri-County Ace Hardware (visit www.tricountyace.com to learn more about this company.)
· We believe that while good companies have mission statements, GREAT companies have people on a mission. We are looking for someone to help us succeed in our mission which is a business built to thrive on the principles of honesty, integrity, faithfulness, and hard-work.
The Position: We are looking for applicants with the background, skillset, abilities, and drive to provide high-quality administrative and clerical assistance in a fast-paced office environment to management team members who spend time both in the office and the field.
· This will be a newly created position in our growing company.
· Position is for a full-time employee for an annual salary.
· The pay range associated with this position is $38,000-$46,000/annual salary based on experience and qualifications.
· Our company offers a full package of health care benefits such as family health plans (copay or HSA options available), dental, vision, long & short-term disability, and life insurance options.
· Our company also offers a 401K retirement plan as well as employee discounts and benefit programs.
Job Location: Thrift Development is located at 180 Bountyland Road, Seneca, South Carolina 29672. The position is an in-office position which will require the Executive Assistant to work from the office location Monday – Friday during normal business hours.
Job Duties and Formal Job Description: The position will include job duties and require certain tasks such as:
· Transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting data, graphics and other information in a formal and professional manner.
· Handling correspondence on behalf of the management team to include drafting letters, emails and other communications.
· Maintaining multiple calendars, scheduling appointments and staying on top of scheduled events and deadlines.
· Represent the company by attending meetings and being able to speak on the company’s behalf.
· Welcome guests and customers in a professional and courteous manner by greeting them, in person or through correspondence, and answering inquires and taking messages for follow-up.
· Uphold a strict level of confidentiality Complete projects by assigning work to and working as a team with other administrative office staff.
· Conduct research and prepare reports when necessary
· Securely organizing, filing and protecting information, and keeping track of filing systems.
· Upgrading, developing and maximizing utilization of filing systems.
· Attend meetings and record detailed notes.
· Contribute to overall team effort by accomplishing tasks and achieving results.
Required Skills and Qualifications: All applicants must be 18 years of age or older, be a valid U.S. citizen, possess a valid U.S. driver’s license with a clean driving record and possess the following skills:
· Ability to efficiently use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Professional writing skills for drafting letters and documents.
· Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and follow up on work.
· Ability to communicate confidently and politely.
Beneficial But Not Required Skills: The following skills are examples of skillsets which would be beneficial for an applicant to posses but are not necessarily requirements:
· Legal Writing and Research Experience and Skills
· Webpage Design and Editing Skills, Social Media Skills
· Computer Equipment and IT Skills
How To Apply: Interested and prospective applicants should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Application for Executive Position” as the subject of the email.
· All files should be sent as PDF attachments.
· Cover letters should not exceed 2 pages and should focus on describing why an applicant would be a good fit for this position, and why an applicant desires to be around this type or work and in this area (Seneca, SC), as well as highlighting any specific skillsets or experience an applicant may possess which they feel would provide further benefit to our team.